Feb 4, 2012

Fun with Doilies

Well I have been very busy making things for my new shop Persnickety.  Today I thought I'd make some bowls from doilies. It seemed relatively easy. I got the doilies for $1 each and the fabric stiffener at a local craft store. They only had green and yellow which works for Easter/Spring.
I took some bowl out of my cupboard and covered the bowls with plastic wrap, the site also says wax paper, but some reported that the doily stuck to the wax paper.

I then poured the stiffener into an old tupperware and saturated the doilies one at a time.  Making sure to flip it over so that I got every thread.














I then laid the doilies over the bowls to dry.  This is as far as I've gotten.  They have been drying now for a little over an hour. 















This is as far as I got. i got excited and wanted to share.  I will be sure to update with how they turned out!

2 comments:

  1. New follower. WOuld love for you to follow me back.
    http://sewcraftable.blogspot.com

    Love the doilies. I will def. have to make some of these. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angela I have a surprise for you on my blog
    Sharon
    http://sharonscraftycards.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete