Jan 20, 2012

These are a few of my favorite things!

I love brads! I think they are some of the cutest things I've ever seen.  They can add so much to a hand sewn flower.  

Hobby Lobby had them 50% off so I went a little crazy.  I put them all in an old canning jar and want to continue to add to my collection!




































I also recently found out how to make flowers from rik rak and I'm in love with them!  I bought the .99 cent stuff to try out since I'm still trying to master those rosettes that are so cute but mine fall apart.  I took pictures as I went so that I can remember what to do, so I thought I'd share.
I took 2 pieces of rik rak and twisted them together.  I have a small size and have been told that the larger sizes are easier to work with.

















So this is it pulled straight so you can see better how it links together.













I then put a stitch in to keep them together but don't pull to hard or it starts to gather.













You then start rolling it up.  I would sew the bottom as i rolled to keep it together.













This is it all rolled up.  I put the tail on the bottom and sewed it in there.































This is after I opened it up a bit.  Just peel back each layer one by one.  




























These are so cute and I can't wait to make more.  I got some felt to try to make some felt flowers. I'll post more when I make them.



No comments:

Post a Comment